Titus-Will Automotive Group performs maintenance and repairs on all makes and models. With locations in Tacoma, Lakewood, Olympia, and Downtown Tacoma, we may have an opportunity for you! If you are seeking a more specialized role, consider working as a technician at one of our franchise maintenance facilities where you can bring your experience to the forefront! Our franchise service centers support Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, Chevrolet Buick GMC and Cadillac with the latest tools and technology to help you succeed. We also have several locations specializing in quick service and other routine maintenance servicing all makes and models.
Working at Titus-Will will provide a new and exciting challenge every day. You may also be passionate about mentoring a future mechanic, want to learn from others, or extend your schooling. Titus-Will is excited to help grow the next generation of automotive technicians, and we hope you give us the opportunity to partner in your career development. Master Level technicians enjoy a lucrative compensation package, in addition to the benifits work-life balance can offer beyond your basic pay.
Regardless of if you’re an experienced Master Technician, or if you’re just starting out, working as a technician at Titus-Will is a great opportunity for someone who wants more control of their destiny. We want to support your career development and look forward in getting to know you better. We hope your enthusiasm and passion matches our corporate culture, so we can partner in reaching new heights, together.
Titus-Will is a trusted, family-owned and operated business since 1938 and is a fun place to work! Many of our technicians have made a career of working on our team. This is a place you can call home, We offer a competitive compensation and benefits plan.
Responsibilities vary by the type of technical position, and the level of expertise required. Please check the individual job posting for specific responsibilities and requirements for different types of technician roles.
Master Level technicians may need to be proficient in these essential job functions:
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with the dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of the time needed for additional repairs
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
Your specific qualifications will change the type of role best suited for your history and career goals. Most roles will have some combination of these requirements, but please check the specific role job posting as some roles have different or varying requirements based on the location:
- 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred
- Other manufacturer’s qualifications are acceptable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A,B,and C level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical, and Engine Repair
- Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Teammate with the ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures, and specifications
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
What We Offer:
- Continuing education on all makes and models
- Competitive flat-rate and hourly pay, depending on experience level.
- Performance Incentives and Compensation Enhancements: These are variable bonus opportunities and may change throughout the year based on your location’s objectives.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Company supplied uniforms
- Paid training
- Paid ASE certifications
If you have a bit less experience, or are just starting out and want to learn, the entry level position of Routine and Scheduled Maintenance Technician (formerly known as a “Lube Technician”) may be a better fit. Don’t be intimidated by a Master Level set of job requirements; we will help you get there if you’re willing to do the work. Please remember to check the specific job posting for requirements and basic qualifications as these may vary by location.
Routine and Scheduled Maintenance Technician example of ongoing responsibilities:
- Remove and replace oil and oil filter
- Replace air and cabin filters
- Check tire pressures
- Perform inspection sheets to include brakes and tires
- Check and test batteries
- Check and top off all fluid levels
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Computer proficient
Routine and Scheduled Maintenance Technician Qualifications
- Effective analytical and communication skills and eagerness to improve
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
We look forward to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Titus-Will is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. To be considered for employment, you will be required to take a pre-employment drug screen (excluding marijuana). For positions involving driving company and/or customer vehicles, you will be required to provide a copy of your driving record (available at your local DMV).